CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Batik Couture


I've had a serious itch to go shopping for the past few weeks! This is due in part to my lent commitment being to cut out unnecessary spending & my new postpartum body (just had a baby a month ago and need some "in between" clothes...all Moms understand). I've always loved funky clothes w/ an ethnic flair, so I was on the hunt for a new dress or shirt to add to my collection.

While searching, I came across a Ghanian designer Aisha Obuobi's line called "Christie Brown" and I knew this was "it". She's a young sista (recent graduate of the University of Ghana) who was inspired by her grandmother (whose name is Christie Brown) who taught her to sew at a young age. She takes what would be an ordinary batik and turns it into high fashion couture shirts and dresses...my kind of girl! Check out some of her designs below and you'll see why I fell in love....









0 comments: